Saturday, February 1, 2014

Cornbread Lover’s Sandwich




I totally found this recipe here at southern plate. I had a friend who really was just crazy about cornbread, so I thought I would give it a try. This is nice because it is quick and you can basically just put anything you like in it, which is what I like in a recipe! while I wish I had done something amazing to this to make it my own, I thought it was still  worth sharing with you all!! Enjoy!


 First gather your fixings!!! 
poor half your prepared cornmeal mix in to your pan.
so smooth! 
Add your favorite luncheon meats ( I suggest quartering them before putting them in the pan it will make slicing easier.)


 
say Cheese!!!!
(Crisp up that bacon though, it will be much nicer, you could even crumble it in to the batter for an extra flavor ) then add more cornbread mix.


 
smooth smooth smooth

cheese!!!!



Cornbread Lover’s Sandwich

Ingredients
  • 2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cups  half & half ( or milk )
  • Several slices Your favorite luncheon meat
  • Several slices Your favorite melting cheese
  • Several slices bacon ( crispy & optional)
  • 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • To taste salt & pepper
Cooking Directions
  1. Combined mix eggs milk and spices. If batter is on the thick side thin it out with a bit more milk or broth.
  2. Put half the batter on the bottom of a greased dish. spread it out smoothly arrange meat and cheese in layers then cover with the remaining mixture. Smooth and sprinkle with cheese .
  3. Bake at 350 for 20 mins when brown cover and cook for ten minutes more at 300 too make sure Center is cooked through .

No comments:

Post a Comment